As the Inside Influence Team and I take a short break to refuel our collective batteries over Summer – or Winter depending on where you are in the world – we’ve got you covered. For the month of August we will be releasing a weekly ‘PowerCut’ of our favorite (and your favorite) podcast episodes from the past year.
These are short powerhouse episodes, to keep you fuelled and showing up at the next level. Each PowerCut contains the most useful tools, moments or insights from the full conversation, essentially a mini masterclass in influence.
Our second PowerCut episode is with the incredible Victoria Labalme.
Victoria LaBalme is a Hall of Fame Speaker, Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author and Performance Strategist for Top Leaders & Brands.
As the trusted consultant to top leaders and brands, she shows individuals at all levels how to uncover their hidden genius and express themselves in memorable ways, aligning with a larger mission and winning over the people they serve.
She is also the author of the Wall Street Journal Bestselling book, ‘RISK FORWARD,’ and the founder of the ROCK THE ROOM® program that helps people knock their communications out of the park, both on camera and in person.
- Why shifting your focus from ‘recognition’ to ‘contribution’ is one of the most powerful decisions you can make when it comes to building influence.
- Why ‘hyperactivity’ is a form of ‘self hypnosis’ (this one really broke my brain). Including why the largest risk – and greatest step – we can often take is to deliberately pause and look at where we’re going.
- And finally, how to start trusting the ‘idea that leads to the idea’ – rather than staying frozen and waiting for the perfect plan of action.
If you enjoy this PowerCut episode and would like to hear my full conversation with Victoria, check out the link below – or search for Episode 133 at any of your favorite podcast places.
For now sit back, relax and enjoy this powercut with the powerhouse herself Victoria Labalme.
References and links mentioned
- my new ebook The Influencer Code
- Victoria’s books:- https://www.victorialabalme.com/book-risk-forward/
If you liked this episode, you might also enjoy
Subscribe to and Review the Inside Influence Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Inside Influence Podcast! If the information in my conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing people just like you!