How do we become powerful listeners?
Listening is probably one of the most underestimated tools of influence.
Think for a moment about the leaders that have had the most impact on you. The people who have changed your mind or perspective. Those who made you feel heard and therefore valued in every single interaction.
I guarantee you they would have mastered the art of profound listening.
My guest on Inside Influence today believes that listening holds the key to impact.
Jane Adshead Grant is a Master Certified Coach, a Listening Specialist and secret weapon to those who lead some of the world’s most powerful brands.
She is also the author of ‘Are you listening or just waiting to speak? The secret to propelling your business relationships’.
Jane fiercely believes that listening lies at the heart of influence. To building relationships that thrive when times get hard – as well as to loving and leading from a place of deep connection.
This episode made me want to recommit to the art of listening.
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/janeadsheadgrant
Instagram – Janeadsheadgrant
- How to stop being a lazy listener – and what we miss out on when it comes to establishing deep connections with those we lead or love.
- The core listening traps we often fall into – including interruption, impatience and internally rehearsing how we want to respond.
- How to set the stage for those who find it hard to open up. Including the key questions you can ask to get them to share and feel heard.
- Finally, we unpack some of the moments in our own lives – as leaders, partners and parents – when deep listening enabled a profound breakthrough in connection.
I’ve honestly used the tools every day since our conversation.
The result has been a calmer, more present and deeply connected way of interacting with the people in my life that matter the most.
A way of creating space where challenges can be solved – without feeling like I need to find the perfect words, perfect message or perfect moment.
In other words, it completely changed how I show up.
On that note, sit back, cycle on, settle in and enjoy the incredible – Jane Adshead Grant.
References and links mentioned
- My new ebook The Influencer Code
- Websites: janeadsheadgrant.com
If you liked this episode, you might also enjoy
Subscribe to and Review the Inside Influence Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Inside Influence Podcast! If the information in my conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing people just like you!
Also, don’t forget to hop on my website juliemasters.com and download my new ebook The Influencer Code or become an insider by signing up to my newsletter.