If I asked you to create your own MBA – specifically tailored to you and your life, goals, challenges and questions – what would be in it? What would the modules be?
Next question, who would teach it? If you could choose any name on the planet, who would you want to learn from and what questions would you ask?
Then the final question – once you have those answers – what would you do next?
For my guest today – his journey into these questions began one morning alone on a train in Melbourne, traveling to a job he disliked, as part of a life in which to use his own words, he hadn’t really achieved much.
The answers he received, however, led him to go on to create one of the most successful digital magazines on the planet. An empire that has so far helped millions of entrepreneurs across the world to have the life, impact and business of their dreams.
What he learned along the way? Well that’s an MBA money can’t buy.
Nathan Chan is the Founder of Foundr, a magazine he launched back in 2013 with “nothing but a laptop and a fistful of dollars.” Driven by a frustration with the lack of quality actionable content for entrepreneurs and founders.
Fast-forward to the present, Foundr now connects millions of people every month with some of the most successful living entrepreneurs of our generation. Magazine and interviews include Richard Branson, Tony Robbins, Arianna Huffington, Mark Cuban, Tim Ferriss, Peter Diamandis, Bobbi Brown, and many more.
That’s a long way from a silent train carriage.
Nathan’s mission and the mission of Foundr is to break down the strategies and experiences of successful entrepreneurs on the planet into actionable, battle-tested content and courses so that ANYONE can make the impact they want in the world.
- Why we are all Founders – Founders of our ideas, teams, business or movements.
- The importance of getting the right people on the bus during rapid growth and how to stay centered and resilient when it doesn’t work out.
- How to build a ‘waitlist’ of people wanting to work with you. This is a total flip on the current idea of recruitment and ‘the war for talent’.
- How Foundr went from ‘zero’ to nearly a million engaged Instagram followers in literally the blink of an eye.
- Plus Nathan’s recent journey into ‘burn out during the pandemic – and what he did (and continues to do) to reconnect and recommit to fuelling his own fire first.
This podcast began and has always been my attempt to scratch my own itch – to answer the questions I want answered around living a life of influence. A way for me to connect to those people in the world I feel have ‘battle tested’ areas where I want more mastery.
When it comes to building our influence or making an impact, often we spend too long second guessing what people want to hear. Rather than scratching our own itch first.
What questions do you have? Where does your curiosity naturally lead you? What quest for answers would keep you energised, focused and committed for years to come – even when the results aren’t immediately apparent.
Find that space – and that’s an MBA worth pursuing.
References and links mentioned
- Nathan is offering listeners two free trainings. Simply follow the links: https://bit.ly/3QxLGMV and https://bit.ly/3P9hQ01
Subscribe to and review Inside Influence Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Inside Influence Podcast! If the information in my conversations and interviews have helped you in your journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing people just like you!